About Them: Carbon Footprint Ltd is a leading provider of Carbon Management Services. They work with hundreds of companies around the world to win more business through developing their carbon credentials, reducing carbon emissions and making them carbon neutral. They also help businesses with more detailed carbon assessments of products and services... learn more.
Want to list your company here?
Carbon Management Consultants
The role of carbon consultants is to enable companies to first measure and then manage, report, reduce and offset their carbon footprints. This can be either part of a regulatory regime or as a voluntary part of a company's CSR policy. Carbon consultants, as with any other consultancy, are hired to leave their clients with the appropriate knowledge and tools to be able to effectively monitor and manage their carbon footprint on an ongoing basis via an effective and practical carbon reduction strategy. The general process that carbon consultants will follow is to conduct a carbon audit identifying and calculating emissions sources and to provide the client with the necessary tools to then effectively monitor their ongoing carbon footprint. A strategy for carbon efficiency and carbon management will be provided to help the client reduce their carbon footprint in a sustainable fashion. Carbon consultants will also often provide a solution for further carbon offsetting above what can realistically be reduced by energy and emissions efficiency in the client's operations.
A typical carbon management procedure involves:
- Setting an initial carbon review and the formulation of a carbon management plan.
- Setting realistic carbon reduction targets and consultancy on negotiating regulatory implications such as the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- Involvement, education and motivation of staff to adopt carbon management efficiency into the execution of their professional roles.
- Engagement and evaluation of stakeholders to ensure that everyone understands the importance of carbon management in the company's ethos.
- Optimising efficiency of operations and procedures.
- Establishing the relevant monitoring, metering and controls.
- Assessment of premises and technology as well as consultancy regarding future investment in premises and technology/machinery, renewable energy investment opportunities etc. as part of ingoing carbon management.
- Development of marketing and PR strategies and revenue opportunities associated with the increasing demand of clients to purchase goods and services from companies which display clear carbon management strategy and general environmental responsibility.